There's tons of spooky fun scheduled this fall in the Sioux Falls area! Here are some ways you can score candy, paint pumpkins, scream with delight, and otherwise enjoy the season. Want to find Halloween events in Sioux City or other parts of Siouxland? Check out my Halloween in Siouxland 2019 post. For Halloween events in Sioux Falls, read on!
Trick-or-Treat in Sioux FallsHalloween 2019 is on Thursday, October 31st and Sioux Falls trick-or-treat hours typically begin at 6pm.
Halloween Events in Sioux Falls
- Pumpkin Jar & Candy Corn Craft at the Museum of Visual Materials
- 9/30 at 2pm
- $7.50 per person
- Paint wooden candy corn signs and make mini pumpkins out of glass jars!
- Must register online on the Museum of Visual Materials website
- Spooky Science at Washington Pavilion
- Sat 10/19 at 10am
- Regular admission fees apply
- Features hands-on art and science projects like Boo Bubbles, Origami black cats, slime-making and much more!
- Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult; this is not a drop-off event.
- For more info, visit the Spooky Science page of the Washington Pavilion website.
- Kids Day at the W.H.Lyons Fairground
- Sun 10/20 from 2-4pm
- Features face painting, balloon animals, hula hooping, and trick-or-treating in the Jaycees Fearground haunted house, which will be well-lit and full of non-spooky characters like princesses and superheroes handing out candy!
- For more information, visit the Jaycees Fearground website.
- ZooBoo at the Great Plains Zoo
- 10/25-10/27 at 5:30pm each night
- Features more than 300 decorated and lit pumpkins, an Extinct Species Graveyard, and lots of candy and costumed characters!
- More information should be available soon on the Great Plains Zoo website.
- Trick-or-Treat 5k/10k Trail Run and .5 mile Candy Dash at Pasley Park
- Sat 10/26 at 9:30 (candy dash) and 10am (5k/10k start)
- Register by 10/20 to get a t-shirt
- Will include costume contests and tons of fun and prizes!
- For more information, visit the Sioux Falls Trick-or-Treat Trail Run website
- Sioux Falls Zombie Walk
- Sat. 10/26 at the El Riad Shrine, makeup starts at noon, parade starts at 3pm
- For more info, see the Sioux Falls Zombie Walk on Facebook.
Trunk-or-Treat & Trick-or-Treat in Sioux Falls
- Sun 10/27
- Trick-or-Treat in downtown Sioux Falls, more details coming soon!
Haunted Fun in Sioux Falls
- The Jaycees Fearground
- Haunted house at the W.H.Lyons Fairgrounds
- Open weekends plus some weekdays beginning 10/11
- $15 per person or $20 for a fast pass
- Recommended for ages 12+, except on Kids Day (see above in the events section)
- For more info, visit the Sioux Falls Jaycees Fearground website.
- Haunted Farm
- In Worthing, SD
- Open Fri-Sun from 7-10pm from 10/12 to 10/28
- $9.39 for non-scary version, $18.79 for the full experience
- Visit the Haunted Farm website for more info.
- Haunted Corn Maze
- Heartland Country Corn Maze in Harrisburg, SD
- Open 10/25 & 10/26 from 6-9:30pm
- $7 for kids 10 & under, $10 for ages 11+
- Visit the Heartland Country Corn Maze website for more info.
Thank you to Matt from Visit Sioux Falls for helping me find out about many of these great Halloween events in Sioux Falls! This post will be updated throughout October as more events and details are available.
Happy Halloween, Sioux Falls!