What do you do when the shipping deadlines have come and gone and you still need another gift? For Christmas 2019, you can still order from Amazon (until 12/22 if you're a Prime member,) but even beyond that point, there are options right here in town, no delivery needed. So don't despair! Here are some of the amazing local stores, restaurants, and attractions offering Christmas gifts for everyone on your list that you can get right here in Sioux City:
Local stores with unique toys, books, and other gifts
- Thinker Toys
- Across the street from Sertoma Park, Thinker Toys is commonly known as "the toy castle". The insides are as delightful as the outside, with a huge variety of toys from great brands. A few of my favorites are Corolle dolls, Calico Critters, the train room and Lego room in the corners, and the puppets. You'll also find Playmobil, Melissa & Doug, Alex toys, and lots of other unique brands you'll love.
- For store hours and more info, check out the Thinker Toys Facebook page
- Book People
- Between Hy-Vee and Shopko on Hamilton Boulevard, Book People is full of delightful books for all ages, along with a selection of toys and games including the super soft (and cute!) Jellycat brand of plush. Many of the plush animals and toys go with books, making for an easy and natural gift pairing!
- For more info, visit the Book People Facebook page
- ACME Comics
- Wide variety of comic books for all ages and interests, plus tons of geekery for the fandoms your friends and family love, like books, shirts, posters, toys, and more!
- For more info check out the ACME Comics Facebook page
- Thorpe and Co.
- Primarily a jewelry store, but with an impressive selection of beautiful, high-end keepsakes for children like silver plated snowglobes, piggy banks, picture frames, and music boxes, classic pewter baby cups, and more. Look in the "baby gifts" section on their website for most of their children's items.
- For more information, visit the Thorpe and Company website.
Local food to make your mouth water
- Jolly Time Koated Kernels
- Find a variety of delicious flavored popcorns and gift baskets at this boutique store that uses fresh popcorn from the Jolly Time factory and takes it to the next level! I have never had a flavor there I wouldn't be happy to get a whole bag of, but I would especially recommend the Sioux City 50-50 mix if you're not sure what to get!
- For more info, visit the Koated Kernels website (but I recommend shopping in person, because free samples!)
- Palmer's Old Time Candy Shoppe
- Find bulk bins of a wide variety of candies and nuts, plus many pre-packaged options. Most of the candy here is fresh from the Palmer's factory! Some of my family's favorites are the cherry sours, reindeer corn, and chocolate covered pretzels.
- For store hours and other info, check out the Palmer's store website
Tickets to Sioux City Events
- Paw Patrol Live: The Great Pirate Adventure
- Paw Patrol Live: The Great Pirate Adventure will bring everyone's favorite Nickelodeon puppies to the Sioux City Tyson Events Center on February 29th and March 1st, 2020.
- For tickets or for more information, visit the Tyson Events Center website
- Sioux City Musketeers
- Hockey fans will love this one! Catch Musketeers home games on 12/28/19, 12/31/19, 1/12/19, and 1/31/19
- For tickets and more info, visit the Sioux City Musketeers website
Passes to Siouxland Museums
- Launchpad Children's Museum
- Both one-day passes and annual memberships which cover admission and most of their programming other than holiday parties would be great gifts!
- Visit the Launchpad website for more info
- Sioux City Railroad Museum
- Choose from daily admission passes and annual memberships which cover admission to the museum and grounds and in 2019 included their monthly Saturday storytimes as well.
- Check out the Sioux City Railroad Museum website for more info
For more gift ideas, check out my post on Experience Gifts for Siouxland Families.