The 2019 Woodbury County Fair is just around the corner, and here's what you should know about attending one of Siouxland's most fun annual events:
When is the 2019 Woodbury County Fair?The 2019 Woodbury County Fair will be from July 31st through August 4th, 2019, with exhibit check-in for most events happening Monday before the fair. Some early events start at 7 or 8am, but most parts of the fair open at 10am, noon, or later. You can check out the full schedule on the Woodbury County Fair website to make sure you don't miss your favorite events and attractions at the Woodbury County Fair!
Where is the Woodbury County Fair?The Woodbury County Fair is held at the official Woodbury County Fairgrounds in Moville, Iowa, about 15 minutes past Menards on Highway 20 (If you have time, stop and take a selfie at one of the participating sites near Highway 20 on your way to the fair or home from the fair to enter the Highway 20 tour contest--check out my Highway 20 post for more info!)
What do you do at the Woodbury County Fair?The Woodbury County Fair is full of fun for all ages including:
- Live music including the Bill Riley talent contest, and performances from country stars, a one-man band, and much more!
- Live animals, from prize-winning pigs to exotic critters like gators and zebra!
- Fair food starting with coffee in the morning and delighting you all day long with funnel cake, pizza, and much more!
- Carnival rides and games
- Old Town, filled with authentic Woodbury County buildings from a century ago that kids can explore, a petting zoo, and home to many of the fair's best games, crafts, and activities for kids
- 4H and Open Class competitions (for more info on how you can enter, check out my post on entering competitions at the Woodbury County Fair)
- Grandstand acts including ATV rodeo, the Barry White Rodeo, drag racing, Outlaw Tractor Pull, demolition derby, and bull riding!
What's new at the 2019 Woodbury County Fair?Some of the new fun scheduled for the Woodbury County Fair includes:
- Kenya the Zebra appearing in Old Town
- A "mom calling" contest
- Iowa 101 Mobile Museum from the State of Iowa Historical Society
For more infoTo find out more about the Woodbury County Fair, visit the Woodbury County Fair website or Facebook page.
See you at the fair!!