**UPDATE: The giveaway ended and the winner was Tammy S! Congrats Tammy! Also updated post with pics and thoughts to review my family's experience going to Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music!**
This post is sponsored by the Sioux City Orpheum Theatre
This post is sponsored by the Sioux City Orpheum Theatre
Nickelodeon fans, get ready! Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music is coming to the Sioux City Orpheum Theater this September, and it's going to be epic.
What is Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music?
Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music is a brand new live stage production featuring talented singers, dancers, and entertainers in costume as favorite Nick Jr. characters! The show actually just started their run in Cedar Rapids a week before coming to Sioux City, so we are some of the first people who get to see it! This new story stars Dora the Explorer and her puppy buddies, Marshall and Rubble, plus lots of other familiar friends from Nick Jr show. Here are the shows with characters appearing in Nick Jr Live: Move to the Music:
- Dora the Explorer
- This Latina explorer is always prepared with her backpack, her map, and her monkey friend/sidekick, Boots! But watch out for Swiper the Fox...he's always up to mischief!
- Dora is the star of this show, appearing on stage almost the entire performance, as she hosts a "show within a show" with Marshall and Rubble. The actress who played Dora did a great job of capturing Dora's youthful enthusiasm and high energy the entire show.
- Paw Patrol
- When Adventure Bay's in trouble, Mayor Goodway and her purse chicken Chickaletta can always count on the rescue hero puppies who form the Paw Patrol, including clumsy Dalmatian Marshall, kind-hearted Rubble, and their friends Chase, Rocky, Zuma, Skye, Everest, Tracker, and more.
- Marshall and Rubble are the stars of this show, while their puppy pals seem to have stayed in Adventure Bay. Marshall is on stage almost the entire performance, to the delight of the crowd, and the actor who played him did a wonderful job of living up to so many kids' favorite character! Marshall is Dora's co-host for the show-within-a-show, while Rubble is their DJ, keeping the beat going throughout the show.
- Bubble Guppies
- Molly, Gil, their sweet pet Bubble Puppy, and their mermaid friends Ooma, Deema, Goby, Zooli, and Nonny, are always ready for fun as they learn and play under the sea with their teacher Mr. Grouper!
- 4 of the Bubble Guppies appeared live on stage as animatronics attached to human performers, and Bubble Puppy and Mr. Grouper had cameos on the video screen. The Bubble Guppy segment was nice and long and the young audience absolutely loved it! The choreography really shined, and I was really impressed with how great of a job the cast did with dancing and singing while also controlling the animatronics, not to mention some silly costumes and cute set pieces!
- Shimmer and Shine
- Twin genies Shimmer and Shine are genies-in-training who live in a bottle owned by their friend Leah. The girls grant 3 wishes to Leah each day and spread kindness on their magic carpet adventures with their pet monkey and tiger as they learn to use their powers (and clean up the messes when they don't quite get it right!)
- Some of the complicated place (Zahramay Falls, a magical genie land) and character names (like Nazboo the dragon) were a little difficult to understand when sung quickly (to an audience member less familiar with this show, anyway), but the actresses playing Shimmer and Shine made up for it in charm and dancing skill.
- Top Wing
- Young birds Swift, Penny, Brody, Rod are cadets in the Top Wing Academy where instructor Speedy and mechanic Bea help them learn to use awesome vehicles and teamwork to accomplish their missions!
- Penny and Rod appear in Nick Junior Live: Move to the Music as animatronic puppets, and as with the Bubble Guppies, I was impressed with how well the cast did at singing, dancing, and acting while also essentially serving as puppeteers to the characters they were wearing!
- Blue's Clues & You
- The classic 90's puppy is back in a brand new show, premiering in fall 2019. This time, Blue lives with a new friend named Josh who uses clues from Blue to solve problems for himself and their friends!
- While Blue may not be a familiar character yet to many of the young audience members, they seemed to love her, and Blue and Marshall leading the crowd in the "Pup Pup Boogie" was probably the highlight of the entire show. It was for my kids anyway!
- Blaze and the Monster Machines
- Monster Truck Blaze and his driver AJ work together as they race and play with other monster trucks, drivers, and mechanics, and try to beat the cheating blue Crusher!
- Blaze appears in this show as a huge inflatable, and the kids in the audience were totally into it as the talented cast led Blaze through increasingly daring stunts!
- Butterbean's Café
- Butterbean is a fairy chef who runs a neighborhood café with her sister and friends.
- Butterbean and a few friends make a quick surprise cameo in Nick Junior Live: Move to the Music! It was really cute and well-done, enough so that I looked up the show despite having never heard of it before today!
Nick Jr. Live includes lots of singing, dancing, and laughs, and promises to be an "interactive adventure" that will captivate their young audiences. I think they made good on that promise. The energetic show was just the right length, and the intermission was well-placed. I'm really impressed with how great of a job the cast did, especially considering this is just the second weekend of their run!
There is no age restriction for attending this show, but the Nick Junior Live website says it will be most enjoyed by kids about 1-6 years old. This was my two youngest kids' first time in a real theater and it was a perfect show for that. They stayed happy and interested the entire time!
The show is 65 minutes long, with a 15 minute long intermission near the middle.
When will Nick Jr. Live! Move to the Music be in Sioux City?Nick Jr. Live: Move to the Music will be at the Sioux City Orpheum, downtown on Pierce Street, for three show times:
- Saturday, September 14th, 2019 at 10am
- Saturday, September 14th, 2019 at 2pm
- Sunday, September 15th, 2019 at 2pm
The Sioux City Orpheum Theatre recommends arriving at shows early to make sure you have time to park, walk to the theatre, and find your seat!
How can I get tickets to Nick Jr. Live in Sioux City?You can buy tickets to Nick Jr. Live! Move to the Music at the Sioux City Orpheum online, from OrpheumLive.com, by calling (712)279-4850, or at the PrimeBank Box Office at the Tyson Events Center.
Regular tickets start at $19.50 and are required for everyone who is 1 year old or older.
VIP Tickets including some of the best seats in the house, special behind-the-scenes meet & greet opportunities, photo opps, souvenir lanyard and some Nick Jr. surprises start at $99.
You can also WIN a free family 4-pack of tickets, courtesy of the Sioux City Orpheum Theatre! To enter, head over to the Siouxland Families Blog Facebook page and find the official giveaway post (Don't have FB? Send me an e-mail and I'll get you entered!)
I'll choose a winner on Monday, September 9th and contact you to make sure you get your tickets!
Get ready for some adorable fun, Siouxland families!