One of the most widely known "Sioux City" things actually isn't a Sioux City thing! If you've seen the movie The Big Lebowski, you may have caught this scene:
And Sioux City Sarsaparilla is real (and it really is a good one!) Here's the full story on Sioux City Sarsaparilla:
What is Sioux City Sarsaparilla?
Is Sioux City Sarsaparilla made in Sioux City?
Other Sioux City soda flavors
- Root Beer: a more conventional (but totally delicious!) root beer flavor
- Cream Soda: creamy, delightful and crisp
- Orange Cream Soda: like an orange creamsicle in pop form
- Prickly Pear Soda: a fruity, slightly sour soda that's the prettiest fuchsia I've ever seen in a food item. The prickly pear soda was my kids' favorite out of the ones we tried!
- Birch Beer: I haven't tried this one yet, but will update once I do! The packaging says it has an almost wintergreen flavor.
- Ginger Beer: think Canada Dry! Definitely a great choice if you love ginger (and for queasy tummies!)
Where can you buy Sioux City Sarsaparilla?