Grab your coziest boots and sweaters, 'cause it's time to celebrate fall! Every year, businesses and attractions around Sioux City join in the same weekend in October to have autumnal fun, and from the sounds of things, 2021 might be the best year yet! This year, Sioux City Fall Festival will be Saturday October 9th and Sunday October 10th, and here are some of the fun fall and Halloween themed events happening in Sioux City that weekend:
Sioux City Fall Festival downtown
- Mask Making Workshop
- Sat 10/9 from 10:30am-noon at the Sioux City Art Center
- This perennial favorite event allows kids to decorate paper masks with a variety of markers, gems, glitter, and more!
- Fall Fest at the Sioux City Farmers Market
- Sat. 10/9 from 8am to 1pm, with lots of farm fresh fun planned including:
- Kids Costume Contest at 10am
- Pets Costume Contest at 10:30am
- Kids Activity Zone
- And more!
- Close Encounters on the Trail
- Sat. 10/9 from 1-3pm at the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center
- History learning event with a craft and treats!
- Notepad Craft at the library
- Check out this fun craft at the Downtown and Morningside branches of the Sioux City Public Library during their normal weekend hours the weekend of Fall Fest
- Punkin Chunkin at LaunchPad Children's Museum
- Sat 10/9 during normal museum hours
- FREE Punkin Chunkin STEM craft kits available while supplies last. Museum admission not required to pick up a kit, but the museum will be open with regular admission fees if you'd like to stop in for a while also!
- Fall Fest at Palmer's Old Tyme Candy Shoppe
- Sat 10/9 from 10am to 3pm, take pics with a huge Jelly Belly inflatable, spin the prize wheel to see if you get a trick or a treat, and enjoy free samples!
Sioux City Fall Festival in other parts of Sioux City
- Sun. 10/10 from 10am to 3pm at Cone Park
- Lots of fun planned throughout the day including pumpkin decorating, bounce houses, crafts, games, and more!
- Food and other vendor items will be available for purchase
- FREE admission and many activities free, but a few cost $
- Fall Fest Hiking and Dutch Oven Demo
- Family hikes on Sat 10/9 at 10am and 1pm at the Dorothy Pecaut Nature Center
- Dutch oven demonstration on Sat 10/9 from 11am-1pm (great timing to check it out before or after a hike, or just on its own!)
- Bruguier Cabin Open House
- From 2-4pm on Sat 10/9, come check out the home of Sioux City's first pioneer settler, now found in Riverside Park just across from Miracle Field.
- Party in the Hangar and Half Price Museum Admission
- The Mid America Museum of Aviation and Transportation is offering half price admission all day Saturday (noon to 4pm) to celebrate Fall Fest
- Party in the Hangar starting at 4pm, with dinner from 4-6pm and dancing and live music from local band Missouri Blend from 6-10pm. Museum exhibits will be accessible during the event!
- $5 for kids and $10 for adults
- FREE Museum Admission
- On Sat. 10/12 the Sioux City Railroad Museum is offering free admission (free will donations accepted) which will also include a free motorcar ride and a free ride on the Grand Scale Train! Some fun food, and the gift shop will also be available but not free.
Fall Fest is sure to be fun for all! If you're looking for more family-friendly fun in and around Sioux City this October, be sure to check out my posts on Halloween Events in Sioux City, October Kids Events in Siouxland, and Pumpkin Patches in Siouxland.
Happy Fall, Y'all!