**This post now updated to reflect 2020 information**
Scarecrow Farm in Lawton, Iowa is hosting their annual Sunflower Festival this September! Here's the scoop on how Siouxland area families and visitors can enjoy this fun event:
When is Sunflower Days?Sunflower Days 2021 will be held on weekends in September including:
- September 11th & 12th
- September 18th & 19th
- September 25th & 26th
Where is Sunflower Festival?Sunflower Festival is held at Scarecrow Farm in Lawton, Iowa, about 10 minutes past the Sioux City Menards on Highway 20.
What can you do at Sunflower Festival?At Sunflower Festival at Scarecrow Farm, there will be a wide variety of fun, including
- Lots of sunflowers! The center circle of Scarecrow Farm where pumpkins ready to buy are placed during pumpkin season has been taken over as a sunflower field, plus there are several more acres of sunflowers beyond that! Besides enjoying the view and taking photos, you can also buy sunflowers to take home with you.
- Zinnias: as if sunflowers weren't enough! The beautiful zinnias somehow make it even better!
- Live music and entertainment
- Morning yoga in the sunflower field
- Pony rides
- Kid-powered tractor pull
- New giant slides opened in 2020
- All of Scarecrow Farm's fun permanent attractions including a giant corn box, bounce pillow, playground, pirate ship, trike track, and more.
- Food and drink for sale, including turkey legs, apple cider donuts, root beer floats, frozen slushes, espresso shakes, chocolate chip cookies, and kettle corn!
- Farm Market open to buy jams, jellies, honey, squash, and other locally produced goodies to take home with you
How to get tickets to Sunflower Festival at Scarecrow Farm
Ticket prices for Sunflower Days 2021 are not yet announced. In 2019, tickets to Sunflower Festival at Scarecrow Farm were $11.95 (plus tax) for each person 3+ and toddlers and babies who are 2 or younger were free. I would anticipate a similar price range for 2021, and will update when prices are announced.
You can buy tickets to Sunflower Festival at the door, but if you'd prefer to buy ahead of time, you can buy tickets on the Scarecrow Farm website soon!
For more information
To find out more about Sunflower Festival, check out the Scarecrow Farm website or Facebook page. You can also see my Scarecrow Farm post from 2017 to see more of the family-friendly fun you could enjoy there!
Want to see even more sunflowers? Here are some great posts from other Midwest bloggers about sunflower festivals across the region:
- St. Louis Sunflowers from And Hattie Makes Three
- Sunflower Maze at Eckert's Farm in Belleville, Illinois from Cornfields & High Heels