City Parks in Sioux City
*Bacon Creek Park
- 5015 Correctionville Road
- Includes two playgrounds, a dog park, and a 3 mile walking path surrounds a small lake with docks for fishing and kayaking
- Morningside Ave & Cecilia
- 2100 Center Street
- 3800 Harbor Drive
- W 15th & George
*Chris Larsen Park
- 1280 Larsen Park Road
- Beautiful view of the Missouri River, with walking/biking paths, playgrounds, museums, historical monuments, and much more. Undergoing extensive renovation in the 2020s!
- 3800 Line Drive
- On the west side of the same hill as Sertoma Park
- Offers tubing, ice skating, a splash pad, and more!
- W 4th & Market St.
- 15th & Dale St.
- 5300 Glenn Ave.
- Dace St. & South Irene St.
- Goldie Ave & Beck St
- 24th St & Grandview Blvd
- Includes a playground, disc golf course, beautiful Art Deco bandshell, and a rose garden!
- Home to the Saturday in the Park music festival, usually the first weekend of July
- Undergoing renovation in 2021, with the old water towers coming down and replacement of some kind being built. Most of the park is still accessible and usable, but the disc golf course is not.
- For more info, check out my post all about Grandview Park!
- 3rd & Cecelia
- 2404 Hawkeye
- 12 acre park with 5 baseball diamond, restrooms, and a concession stand
- W. Lunah & Isabella St.
- 14th & Pacific St.
- W. 4th St. & Oakland St.
- 2800 Jones
- Includes a baseball diamond with concrete dugouts and stadium seating
- Underoing restoration, with some special events planned for the future!
- 2016 W. 19th St
- Fall Ave & Carlin St.
- 33rd and Dupont
- 41st & Central
- 3014 Glen Ellen
- 1621 Sioux Trail
- Adjacent to Morningside College campus
- Includes a pool, playground, tennis courts, and greenspace!
- 30th & Virginia
- Includes a pool, wheelchair accessible play structure, tennis courts, baseball field, large picnic shelter, disc golf course, and more!
- W. 1st & John
- Macomb & Rustin St.
- 801 Court Street
- 620 Pearl Street
- Small park in downtown Sioux City right across the street from LaunchPad Children's Museum
- Hosts Food Truck Fridays on select Fridays in summer
- 3500 S. Lewis Blvd
- Features a walking trail around a pond in a prairie environment
- Find more info in my Prairie Park post.
- 2400 Vine Ave.
- Lincoln Way & Lewis Boulevard
- Features hiking trails on a steep hill, plus an interesting historical monument with a spectacular view!
- Find out more in my Ravine Park & First Brides Grave post!
- 1301 Riverside Boulevard
- Includes several playgrounds, Siouxland's best public pool, Bruguier Cabin, picnic tables & shelters, and Miracle Field Complex, which is Siouxland's most inclusive and accessible playground, with adaptive play equipment, wheelchair accessible mini-golf, two splash pads, and more!
- Find out more about Miracle Field in my Miracle Field post.
- 1431 Grandview Blvd
- Includes firefighter themed playground and splash pad
- Find out more in my Rose Hill Park post.
- S Lewis & Glenn Ave
- Includes the Sgt. Floyd Monument, a unique obelisk with ties to Lewis & Clark which was the first site designated as a National Historic Landmark!
- 4225 S. Lancelot Lane
- Includes a playground, a large shelter, walking paths, and a disc golf course!
- On the east side of the same hill as Cone Park!
- West 19th & Ruby
- 4900 S. Lewis Blvd
- 47 acre park featuring 4 baseball diamonds, restrooms, and a concession stand.
- Jones Street between 28th and 29th
- Small grassy park with large rocks that are actually smelted remnants from Sioux City's old elevated railway!
- 4000 War Eagle Drive
- Includes monuments to Chief War Eagle and his son-in-law Theophile Bruguier, as well as a stone marking the old fur trappers trail along the Missouri River
- Find out more in my War Eagle Park post!
I hope you enjoy our Sioux City Parks! For more information on these parks, visit the Sioux City Parks & Rec Department. You might also be interested in my posts about Siouxland swimming pools & splash pads!