The Midwest is full of fun places to take your family! Here are some of the places more than an hour from Sioux City that I've written about and you may enjoy visiting with your family too (looking for fun less than an hour from Sioux City? Check out my ultimate guide to Siouxland destinations!)
|There are rides for all ages at Adventureland in Altoona!|
- Adventureland, Altoona, IA
- The Fort Museum & Frontier Village, Fort Dodge, IA, post coming soon
- Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, IA
- Mason City, IA
- North Iowa Fair, Mason City, IA
|Ingalls Homestead in De Smet, SD|
- Badlands National Park, Interior, SD
- Falls Park, Sioux Falls, SD
- Ingalls Homestead, De Smet, SD
- McCrory Gardens, Brookings, SD, post coming soon!
- Rapid City, SD
- South Dakota Art Museum, Brookings, SD, post coming soon!
|Stop to smell the flowers at Lauritzen Gardens!|
|Headwaters of the Mississippi at Itasca State Park|
- Itasca State Park, Park Rapids, MN, post coming soon!
Have a suggestion of a destination, city, or area I should visit? E-mail me at SiouxlandFamiliesBlog (at) gmail (dot) com! I accept offers from destinations for hosted visits, and I also accept suggestions from anyone of places my family should just go visit on our own. We love exploring the Midwest and can't wait to share more of it with you.